Biotech-KISAN Hub Programme is linking available Science & Technology to the farmers of Sundarban, West Bengal area through understanding their problems and to provide a suitable alternative solution for their better livelihood implemented in West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences from June 2018 on the basis of sanction order of DBT vide no BT/KIS/123/SP23438/2017 dated 14.03.2018. Following achievement has been so far observed under the project.
- Selection of 1000 Woman Farmers based on the survey of 5998 sheep and goat farmers of Gosaba, Basanti (South 24 pgs), Hingalganj (North 24 pgs) Block of Surdarban.
- Out of them, A total 852 nos. of women farmer have been trained with modern know how of scientific Sheep and goat rearing and average knowledge gain of 76%, Fellowship of an amount of Rs 1000/- per head including a book on Sheep and goat rearing, Mineral mixture, vaccine, medicine etc was provided among 852 farm women.
- A total of 111 of scientists are being trained with modern technologies of sheep and goat husbandry.
- The establishment of Elite Germ plasm centre at Mohanpur has been started with 229 Garole sheep and 366 Black Bengal Goat from the farmers of Sundarban has been made of superior quality. Annual Capacity of production of more than 500 kid/lamb per year.
- Distribution of 850 quality Garole Sheep and Black Bengal Goat kid of age of 8-10 months among the 425 Women Farmer of Sundarban along with goat and sheep feed and preventive care. 100 quality buck and 50 quality ram has been distributed among these beneficiaries which will help in improvement of the total Sheep and Goat population of this selected area. The average economic gain of these farmers after the implementation of the project was observed as 48%
- Establishment of HUB for farmers’ knowledge through ICT was made with one complete ICT laboratory, one mobile App in the name of “MUUK” and Website in the name of Biotech Kisan (http://btkisanwbuafs.com/) to give solution to the farmers about their problems related to animal husbandry.
- Publication of two International research papers and two more submitted
- Peopagation of sucesss storey theouh Mela, booklet, leaflet and documentary film.
- Total 4 nos. of FPOs has been in the process of formation which has been pending due to lock down arised on COVID 19 Pandemic. Till today 22 nos. of Farmers’ Interest Group (FIG) has been formed before formation of this FPO which are fully functional for better livelihood.
- 200 bags of Quality animal feed have been distributed among those “Amphan” affected beneficiaries of Hingalganj and Gosaba block of West Bengal (Sundarban)
|Sl No||Activities to be carried out as per time line up to March 2020||Achievement up to 22nd March 2020||Quantifiable achievement|
|01||Survey of socio-economic status of 5000 sheep and goat farmers of Sundarban, West Bengal.||5998 sheep and goat farmers have been surveyed.||119.96%|
|02||Selection of 1000 Farmers out of which 600 will be female Farmers.||1000 women Farmer selected.||100%|
|03||Training of 400 farmers.||852nos. of women farmer have been trained.||213%|
|04||Training of 40 scientists.||A total 111nos. of scientists mainly from ICAR including KVK, Extension workers are being trained.||277.5%|
|05||Fellowship to the 400 women farmer.||Fellowship to the 852 women farmer.||213%|
|06||Organization of one MELA and EXHIBITION for farmers’ awareness.||One EXHIBITION for farmers’ awareness has been organized on 2nd January 2019.||100%|
|07||Establishment of HUB for farmers’ knowledge through ICT.||Establishment of HUB for farmers’ knowledge through ICT was made with one complete ICT laboratory, one mobile App in the name of “MUUK” and Website in the name of Biotech Kisan (http://btkisanwbuafs.com/) to give solution to the farmers about their problems related to animal husbandry.||100%|
|08||Establishment of Elite Germplasm Centre with 500-600 Garole sheep and Black Bengal Goat at Mohanpur, University Farm.||Establishment of Elite Germ plasm centre has been started with 229 Garole sheep and 366 Black Bengal Goat of superior quality at Mohanpur.||100%|
|09||Production of kids and distribution among 400 beneficiaries.||850 nos. of quality of Garole sheep and Black Bengal Goat obtained from Germplasm centre have been distributed among 425 selected traimed beneficiaries .||106.25%|
Biotech-KISAN Hub Programme is linking available Science & Technology to the farmers of Five Aspirational Districts (Nadia, Murshidabad, Birbhum, Maldah and Dakshin Dinajpur) of West Bengal, through understanding their problems and to provide a suitable alternative solution for their better livelihood implemented in West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences from January 2020 on the basis of sanction order of DBT vide no BT/KIS/123/SP35985/2019 Dated 29.11.2019. Following achievement has been so far observed under the project (till 15th October, 2020).
- The Survey about the socio-demographic picture, socio-economic status, adoption of technology, knowledge level and constrains faced in animal husbandry and fishery practices of randomly selected 4285 of small and marginal farmers of the aspirational districts of West Bengal has been done between January 2020 to March 2020 to assess the problems of the local farmers for linking available Science & Technology and thereby to provide an alternative solution for their better livelihood. (Rest portion has not been done due lock down to combat COVID 19 pandemic situation.)
- 6 nos. of three days farmers’ training programme on Scientific animal husbandry and aquaculture peactices with suitable curriculam for the small and marginal farmers of Aspirational districts of West Bengal (Maldah, Murshidabad, Nadia, Birbhum and Dakshin Dinajpur) through online mode has completed for betterment of farming community by completing. A total 914 farmers have been trained from aspirational districts (Birbhum- 183, Dakshin Dinajpur- 216, Malda- 185, Murshidabad- 274 and Nadia- 56).
- Out of them, a total 420 nos. of women farmer have been provided fellowship of an amount of Rs 1000/- per head has been given.
- Application of different FLDs like application of region specific Mineral Mixture supplementation, Deworming with specific Antihelmenthics, Vaccination for Goat against PPR, Vaccination for Goat against Goat Pox, Vaccination for Poultry, Fodder cultivation and Application Lime in divided dose for water treatment has been provided 4944 nos of farmers of Aspirational districts maintaining all covid security measure.
- Establishment of modern hygenic mechanized slaughter house with outlet for sale of the biotech kisan hub products (Chevon and Chicken) has been completed and full fledged functioning will be started shortly.
- A complete integrated model farm at Germplasm Centre, Mohanpur has already been eshtablished and the Duck house will be inaugurated soon.
- Development of moden Poultry hatchery for Vanraja Chicks at Murshidabad KVK for rhe benefit rural stake holders for hatching of their egg.
- Documentary film on sheep and goat production has been in local language for promotion of knowledge among the stake holders of biotech kisan hub.
|Sl No||Activities to be carried out as per time line up to March 2022||Achievement up to 15th October 2020||Quantifiable achievement|
|01||Survey and analysis of survey records with statistical interference||4285 farmers have been surveyed.||45.85%|
|02||Selection of 400 Farmers out of which 240 will be female Farmers in each aspirational district.||Under way 1000 farmers have selected.||50%|
|03||Procurement and distribution of quality lack Bengal Goat 600 farmers of aspirational Districts.||Contd.||0%|
|04||Distribution of 16,000 28 days’ old Vanraja Chicks among 700 beneficiaries of aspirational district.||Contd.||0%|
|05||Distribution of 60,000 quality fish ling of Indian carps among 400 beneficiaries in each aspirational district.||Contd.||0%|
|06||Establishment of a Mechanised slaughterhouse to be established as integral part of the project.||1||100%|
|07||Quality animal may be procured ICAR-Directorate of Poultry Research (DPR) formerly Project Directorate on Poultry (PDP), Hyderabad.||
Ø Quality male (8 nos.) and female (32 nos.)Black Bengal Goat has been procured
Ø .1000 Egg of Bonraja Chicken procured
|08||Development of a Poultry hatchery for Vanraja Chicks||1||100%|
|09||Training of 400 farmers in each districts||914||45.7%|
|10||Organization of MELA and EXHIBITION||0||0%|
|11||Fellowship to the women farmers.||420||35%|